Hey Love Bees! 🐝
When I returned home from my backpacking trip across Europe, there was one food I was really craving. Avocados! 🥑
Avocados are packed with powerful antioxidants, and are a great source of vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as B vitamins (including Folate). They’re also high in magnesium and potassium, and are a magnificent source of healthy fats!
The micronutrients in avocados work to decrease free radical damage and inflammation in the body, and improve eye, skin and joint health, as well as brain function and immune function.
They also aid the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins into the body, and assist with normal growth and repair.
Today, I’m sharing my easy vegan guacamole recipe, which combines the creaminess of avocado with the sweet bite of red onion, and the fruity flavours of fresh apricots!
This guacamole can be used as a dip for raw veggies, spread on top of whole grain toast, or eaten with your favourite Mexican dish!
I hope you enjoy! 💚
- 2 Avocados (approximately 100g each)
- 2 Apricots (approximately 40g each)
- 1 Small Red Onion (approximately 40g)
- 4 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Tsp Fresh Coriander Leaf (Cilantro), Diced.
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Granules
- A Dash of Salt to Taste!
- Using the back of a fork, mash the avocados with the lemon juice, garlic granules, coriander and salt.
- Finely dice the apricots and red onion, and add them into the avocado mix, stirring thoroughly.
- Garnish with more coriander and serve.
- Recipe makes approx. 300g of Guacamole!