Hey Love Bees! 🐝
This time last week, I was out running in my very first 10k race, to raise money for Animal Free Research UK!
It was an exhilarating, emotional and challenging experience, and by the end of it, I was shattered!
When I arrived home afterwards, I relaxed in a hot, steamy Epsom salt bath, before throwing on my cosiest pyjamas, and settling down with a huge bowl of comforting pesto pasta!
Today, I’m sharing my easy vegan recipe for this delicious, healthy and indulgent ‘post-run’ pasta!
This tasty, carb-rich dish is packed with energy and immune boosting greens, which are full of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
This meal is especially high in B-vitamins, Folate and vitamins A, C and K. It’s also a great source of healthy protein and fats. This makes it ideal for fuelling and supporting the body, both before and after any demanding physical, or mental activity.
As I’m severely gluten intolerant, I used a gluten-free corn pasta for this recipe, however, if you’re able to eat wheat and gluten, then I’d highly suggest using a wholewheat pasta instead. This is because it contains more fibre, digests more slowly, and will keep you feeling fuller for longer!
This filling, healthy and 100% vegan pasta dish will warm you through on a chilly day, and is perfect for sharing with friends!
I hope you enjoy! 💕
- 3 Cups Cooked Penne Pasta
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach (Tightly Packed)
- 1/2 Cup B12 Fortified Nutritional Yeast
- 80g Sliced Mushrooms
- 60g Diced Courgette (Zucchini)
- 60g Diced Red Pepper
- 60g Diced Red Onion
- 40g Shredded Nero Kale
- 3 Tbsp Hemp Milk
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- 5 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Garlic Granules
- 1 Tsp Onion Granules
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- Boil Approximately 200g of dry penne pasta (enough to make 3 cups of cooked pasta)
- While the pasta is cooking, place the sliced mushrooms, diced courgette, red pepper, red onion and shredded kale into a steamer and steam for 6-8 minutes, until tender.
- It's time to make the pesto! In a food processor, place the spinach, nutritional yeast, hemp milk, pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic granules, onion granules, dried basil and salt. Blend until smooth.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain it and place 3 cups of cooked penne pasta into a large bowl.
- Add the steamed vegetables and pesto into the bowl and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy! (Makes 2-3 portions, depending on your appetite!)
This post contains affiliate links.