Hey love bees! 🐝
At the weekends I love making batches of my favourite vegan foods, to eat throughout the week.
Preparing your food in advance can be a great way to save time and energy on weekdays, and it can also help you to plan your grocery shopping more efficiently!
By planning your snacks and meals in advance you will know exactly which ingredients are needed (to avoid over-purchasing and wastage) and by having lots of delicious, healthy foods at hand, you’ll be less likely to go on a hunger-driven shopping spree and be lured in by unhealthy (or expensive) temptations.
Planning and making your meals ahead of time is also a really great strategy if you are new to a plant-based diet, as it can help to prevent overwhelm and will encourage you to stay on track.
These delicious pea, mint and spinach bakes are quick and easy to make, and are ideal for reheating throughout the week – either as a snack or as part of a healthy meal. Personally, I loving having them for lunch, dipped in chutney, hummus or hot sauce!😋
Nutritionally, they’re packed full of protein and are high in vitamins A, C and K, as well as B vitamins (especially folate). They’re also a great source of essential minerals such as manganese, magnesium and iron.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have an incredible and joy-filled day! 💚
- 3 Cups Gram Flour (aka besan/chickpea flour)
- 1 Cup Water
- 200g Frozen Green Peas (aka garden peas)
- 1 Diced Green Bell Pepper (around 110g)
- 100g Diced White or Yellow Onion
- 80g Fresh Spinach
- 3 Tbsp Dried Mint (or 6 tbsp fresh mint)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tsp Dried Coriander Leaf (aka cilantro)
- 2 Tsp Garlic Granules
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200℃ (392℉)
- In a food processor combine half (100g) of the frozen peas with the water, spinach, salt, mint, coriander leaf, cumin, garlic granules and black pepper. Blitz until well combined.
- Thaw out the rest of the peas and add them to a bowl, along with the diced green pepper and diced onion.
- Pour the ingredients from the food processor into the bowl and stir well to coat all of the ingredients.
- Carefully stir in the gram flour to create the batter. Stir until all of the ingredients are well coated.
- Next, line an oven tray with baking paper and make the mixture into 20 round, flat patties.
- Bake at 200℃ (392℉) for 10 minutes then flip the patties over and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with salad and relish. Enjoy!