Hey love bees, welcome back! 🐝
I’m so excited to be coming to you today with another wonderful recipe! This colourful quinoa salad is light, crisp and nutritious, and makes a beautiful meal that’s perfect for the warmer weather.🌞
Nothing makes me happier than sitting outside in the sunshine, enjoying nature and eating delicious vegan food, and this versatile dish is great for taking on picnics, or sharing at pot-lucks and barbecues.
This easy, vegan meal can be eaten on it’s own (as a main course) or may be used as a tasty side dish. Personally, I enjoy it most when paired with roasted sweet potatoes and grilled peppers. 🍠
This recipe is packed with healthy, plant-based protein, and just one serving provides over 90% of your daily vitamin C. This dish is also high in vitamins A and K, as well as B vitamins and essential minerals (including iron, manganese, zinc and calcium).
I hope you enjoy this quinoa salad and have an amazing day! 💕
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa, Cooked in Vegetable Stock.
- 1 Cup Shredded Red Cabbage.
- 2/3 Cup Fresh Orange, Cubed.
- 2/3 Cup Diced Red Onion.
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Chickpeas.
- 1/2 Cup Raisins.
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley.
- 2 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar.
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Granules.
- Simmer the quinoa in vegetable stock until cooked, then drain and allow to cool.
- Cook the chickpeas and allow them to cool as well.
- Shred the cabbage, dice the onion, cube the orange and chop the parsley.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir thoroughly. Add more balsamic vinegar/garlic according to your tastes.
- Serve as a main dish or side dish and enjoy!
- This recipe serves 2 if eating as a main dish, or 4 if eating as a side dish or light snack.