Hey Love Bees! 🐝
Every weekend I love to prepare a delicious variety of vegan foods, to eat throughout the week. I find that batch-cooking ingredients in advance is such a wonderful time-saving hack, which makes it even easier to eat a wider range of healthy, wholesome foods – especially when time is sparse.
Having pre-cooked ingredients ready-to-go also encourages me to get more creative with my meals, and inspires me to explore new texture and flavour combinations!
While my dried beans are soaking and my grains are simmering on the stove, I usually have something else on the go in the dehydrator!
I love drying fruit, mushrooms and home-grown herbs, as well as making nutritious raw veggie burgers and crackers. My favourite recipe to make though is the one that I’m sharing today, for these divinely tasty flax crackers!
The nutritional yeast in this recipe gives these crackers a wonderfully cheesy flavour, and the ground flaxseeds add a massive nutritional boost!
These delicious vegan crackers are a powerhouse of nutrition, and they make the perfect tasty snack for sharing with family and friends.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a really amazing day!
Garlic and Onion Flax Crackers
Deliciously healthy flax crackers made from onion, garlic and flaxseed.
Write a review
8 hr 10 min
8 hr 10 min
- 1 Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Cup Finely Diced Onion
- 0.5 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 0.5 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 0.5 Cup Water
- 4 Tbsp Ground Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Onion Granules
- 2 Tsp Garlic Granules
- 2 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 0.5 Tsp Salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly until well mixed together.
- Spoon the mixture into your dehydrator and flatten it, so that it's about 6-7mm thick all over.
- Score with a knife, so that you'll easily be able to break the mixture into cracker-sized pieces when it's done.
- Dehydrate at around 55℃ for approximately 8 hours (or until the crackers are crisp).
- Serve with hummus, guacamole or your favourite relish, or dip!
- If you don't have a dehydrator you can make these crackers by placing them in an oven, on a baking tray. Set the oven to the lowest heat setting, with the oven door left open. (Be careful doing this if you have furbabies or young kids around though!)
Earth Foods Nutrition https://www.earthfoodsnutrition.com/