Hey Love Bees! 🐝
Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans (as my American friends would call them!) are wonderfully versatile little beans! I simply adore adding them to my salads, throwing them in my curries and using them as a base for my veggie burgers. Most of all though, I love using them to make these delicious sweet potato falafels!
These low-fat vegan falafels are perfect for stuffing in a pita, eating with salad, or dipping in your favourite sauce or relish. They can even be included as part of a packed lunch or served as finger-food at parties.
These falafels contain a wonderful combination of chickpeas, sweet potato and herbs, and are high in Vitamins A and C, as well as fibre, protein, B vitamins and many trace minerals.
I absolutely love these flavourful falafels, and I really hope you do too! Bon Appetit! 💜
- 300g Peeled Sweet Potatoes
- 350g Chickpeas (Canned or Pre-Soaked)
- 2.5 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 0.5 Tbsp Dried Coriander (Cilantro) Leaf
- 1.5 Tsp Ground Paprika
- 1.5 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1.5 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Dried Chili Flakes
- 1/8th Tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 200℃ (392℉).
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Mould into 1" balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Serve with a salad or in a pita bread.