Hey love bees! 🐝
I hope you had an amazing Easter and you’re having an awesome week! Today I thought I’d post something a little different, so that we can get to know each other better! 🙋
If you read my blog then you’ll already know that I’m passionate about cooking, nutrition and nature, but there’s so much more to me than that..so let’s jump right in!
10 Random Facts About me!
- I’m a real-life Sparkly Faery – My legal surname is Faery and my middle name is Sparkly! I changed my name back in 2013 after going through some crazy, life-changing events. (I’m small, mischievous and slightly eccentric, so I think it suits me well!)
- I turn 30 in November – After spending the best part of my 20’s bed-ridden with Chronic Lyme Disease, I’m determined to spend the upcoming months making up for lost time! I have a list of ’30 things to do before I’m 30’ which includes going on a foraging course, doing some solo travel, and dying my hair bright green!
- I suffer from social anxiety – After becoming ill I slipped into isolation and developed severe social anxiety. It still affects my life in a massive way, but I’m determined to overcome it!
- I share my life with four beautiful kitties – Their names are Princess Kali the Boo (pictured), Bobby, Pinky and Muffin. They’re my babies, my best friends and my world! (Yep! I’m a crazy cat lady, and proud!)
- I believe that animal souls are equal to human souls, and that all souls are one – I believe we’re all facets of the same interconnected energy, and I see no difference between the soul of a human, and that of a non-human animal. This is one of the reasons why I live a cruelty-free vegan lifestyle. 🐷
- I meditate daily and write a gratitude journal – I first started these practices when I was so ill, that I struggled to find any hope. They helped me back then, and I still do them today, as they remind me to stay focussed and mindful, and encourage me to look for the beauty and joy in each day.
- I’m absolutely obsessed with vegetables – My ultimate favourites are beetroot, Jerusalem artichokes, sweet potatoes and red cabbage. I’m also addicted to butterbeans (despite almost choking to death on one!) and I love putting chillies and hot sauce on everything! 🌶
- I don’t drink alcohol – I’m massively grateful for my health and maintaining it is super important to me, so I choose to stay away from alcohol and other substances that cause toxicity. These days I prefer to have a clear mind, and enjoy getting high on life!
- I’m drawn to pine forests, mountains and alpine lakes – There’s something so powerful, peaceful and alluring about these environments, which really captures my heart. Two of my favourite places in this world are Yosemite (pictured) and Lake Tahoe, in California.
- I love to be creative – I used to be a graphic designer, and I still enjoy playing around in Photoshop, taking photos and making handmade gemstone jewellery.
Please feel free to comment below with some random facts about you! I appreciate you being here so much, and I’d love to get to know you more! 💕
Love Chrissy xxx